Northern Lights Qajaq Society
2017 Gathering: 10 Reasons to Join Us
1. What, you’ve got plans for September 7-10, 2017? (Event starts at Noon, Thursday)
2. Excite your romantic partner by explaining that you’ll return knowing new Greenlandic rope tricks.
3. Picture yourself among the happy traditional paddlers in this photo gallery from past Gatherings and imagine your sense of bliss if you were among them.
5. See and paddle Minnesota’s largest collection of hand-made, skin-on-frame kayaks. Learn much more from famed qajaqologist Fred Randall about how to build one of your own.
6. Watch your loved ones’ faces light with joy when you explain that you’re paying good money to hang upside down in a kayak for hours.
7. Spend quality time with mentors Helen Wilson, Dubside, Renee DuFresne, Christopher Crowhurst, Pete Kuhn and Cindy Petersen.
8. Discuss your rolling technique with people who might possibly be interested.
9. Participate in west-central Minnesota’s premier harpoon hunt of styrofoam seals and handline fishing contest.
10. Delight your family by bringing home hundreds of dollars of merchandise from our silent auction and raffle.