The Traditional Paddlers Gathering
SAVE THE DATE:
10 Reasons to Join Us
1. What, you’ve got plans for September 10th -12th 2020 (Event starts at Noon, Thursday).
2. Excite your other half by explaining that you’ll return knowing new Greenlandic rope tricks, how to cut a rib, or how to skin a qajaq. Sorry honey, these aren’t dance moves!
3. Picture yourself among the happy traditional paddlers in the photo gallery from past Gatherings and imagine your sense of bliss if you were among them.
4. You’ll be joining us for our third year at the Parker Scout Reservation, on beautiful North Long Lake, in Nisswa, MN. Here you can paddle, roll, pretend you’re in Greenland, or hang out all weekend with Chuck Smith learning Skin-on-frame building techniques. You’ll experience beautiful sunsets, chilly evenings, warm water, first rate instruction and bonfires.
5. See and paddle Minnesota’s largest collection of hand-made, skin-on-frame kayaks. Experience the feel of paddling one of Qajaq USA’s midwest fleet replicas.
6. Watch your loved ones’ faces light with joy when you explain that you’re paying good money to hang upside down in a kayak for hours.
7. Spend quality time with special guest mentors and our delightful cast of local mentors. They will be sure to give you a hand up when you need it!
8. Discuss your rolling technique with people who might possibly be interested.
9. Participate in west-central Minnesota’s premier harpoon contest and our second annual Palo’s Wedding Relay Race. Preceeded of course by our own version of opening ceremonies! The band continues to grow. This year we will provide you with the words and music so that you can sing along to “Qanga”, (in Greenlandic of course.)
10. Delight your family by bringing home hundreds of dollars of merchandise from our silent auction and raffle.